Saturday, June 17, 2006

You can be a Hero too

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Have any of you heard the song, Hero (red pill mix) by Superchick? Superchick is a christian band, and a lot of their songs relate to the kind of life many teenagers are living. Lives full of depression, lives full of sadness, lives without a purpose, and most of all; Lives without God. Sadly, a lot of the stuff Superchick sings is true.

if you go to
http://www.musichristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=31401 you should be able to listen to the track, Hero (Red pill mix)

but if you don't, here are the lyrics to the song...

No one sits with him, he doesn’t fit in
But we feel like we do when we make fun of him
Cause you want to belong do you go along
Cause his pain is the price paid for you to belong
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
But maybe he goes home and thinks suicide
Or he comes back to school with a gun at his side
And a kindness from you might have saved his life.

Heroes are made when you make a choice
You could be a hero Heroes do what’s right
You could be a hero
You might save a life
You could be a hero,
You could join the fight
For what’s right for what’s right for what’s right

No one talks to her, she feels so alone
She’s in too much pain to survive on her own
The hurt she can’t handle overflows to a knife
She writes on her arm, wants to give up her life
Each day she goes on is a day that she is brave,
Fighting the lie that giving up is the way,
Each moment of courage her own life she saves
When she throws out the pills a hero is made [Chorus]


No one talks to him about how he lives He thinks that the choices he makes are just his Doesn’t know he’s a leader with the way he behaves And others will follow the choices he’s made He lives on the edge, he’s old enough to decide His brother who wants to be him is just nine He can do what he wants because it’s his right The choices he makes change a nine year old’s life [Chorus]

little mikey dean was the one in class, who every day got brutally harassed, this went on for years, so he decided that never again would he shed any tears. So he walked through the door and grabbed the 44 outa his father’s dresser draw, and said i can’t take life no more. And like that life can be lost. But this ain’t even about that. All of us kids sat back, and watched it happen, thinking it’s not our responsibility to solve their problem. It isn’t about me. But this is our problem! This is just one of the daily scenarios which we close to eyes our eyes on instead of doin the right thing. if we make a choice, be a voice for those who wont speak up for themselves. How many lives could we change, re-arrange, now it’s our time to pick a side. So don’t you walk on by that one in the v cause you just wanna make sense and never be seen so let’s wake up, face the world. The time is now!... the time is now!.... the time is now!



I used to be one of those people. this part of the song;

No one talks to her, she feels so alone She’s in too much pain to survive on her own The hurt she can’t handle overflows to a knife She writes on her arm, wants to give up her life Each day she goes on is a day that she is brave, Fighting the lie that giving up is the way, Each moment of courage her own life she saves When she throws out the pills a hero is made

applied to me, though I wasn't quite this desperate. This was when my life felt like it had no purpose. When I felt like I was useless, and that everyone hated me. When I was walking my life without God by my side. Thanks to Jesus, I've been drawn towards the comfort of Gods embrace. My life has a purpose. I have a reason to live. God's love towards me will Never waver. Even if I feel as though I am constantly being rejected by other people, I know the Lord will always be there for me.

Now, I hope that I can have an influence on people who are going through tough periods in their life. I don't want anyone to have to feel alone all the time. I don't want anyone to feel as though they are trapped. I don't want anyone to have to walk through life without ever comming to know God.

Just think; You can be a hero. You can help bring others to God, by showing them what Jesus did for them. By showing them just how much Jesus loved them; he gave his life for them because he loved them SO much. The time IS now.

Just by bringing others to church, or one80... you can help them a lot. If you see someone sitting alone at school; don't just ignore them and pretend they don't exist. Show them they're not alone....

I know this post may not mean much to you. Some of you might not understand what I was trying to say. But just think over it... Post any thoughts if you like.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

I know, that was a long thread...

SuperTiph said...

Join the club (my update is quite long too).

I used to feel pretty worthless too. I was no fun to be around, at all, ever. I was a pain. I thought people should just understand my problem and then respond the way I wanted them to. I was an attention seeker (still am come to think of it :)).

I remember going to the Hillsong Conference and singing a song with a coda that said, "Jesus blood never fails me" over and over. All I could do was cry because I knew that it was true. His blood has never and will never fail me. His blood covers all sins. Every last time I have messed up, God forgives me.

I'm often reminded of a powerful song by the Lads called Ode to Joy that says:
I sing for Joy, for you are in my life,
And your blood it covers me

For a long time I've wanted to be a "hero" to someone. But I'm not good enough to be a hero. God is the only hero really. But if I can point people in the direction of Him in a way that pleases Him, then that's good enough for me.

Shadow said...

funny. no-one posts on serious-ish threads. oh well. and guys, by the way, im probably not gonna bother with my blog anymore.

Ponyb said...

it makes you think...

"what is a real hero?"

is it person who is bigger, more powerful, more publicised for what they have done?

is it anybody who gives something for somebody else?

is the title restricted to people with abnormalities, like a bat-suit or spider-fingers?

a hero...is something more than your average person. somebody who gives until it hurts, then gives some more. somebody selfless always. they may not always succeed, but they always give their best at helping out others. they make little differences, which are the biggest differences of all.

Jesus is my hero.

Sara said...

NO! you cant not bother with your blog anymore!!! the reason i havent commented is cos i was banned from the computer for 2 weeks and cold only go on blogs at school!
i really liked that last post cos it was really encouraging. Yeah i reckon theyre good song lyrics too and theyre so true.
Anyway you cant quit from the blogging circle... it wouldnt be the same!
People are just scared to comment o things that are serious! Dont let it get to you cos ill still read your stuff!